Monday, October 19, 2015

Autumn Weather is Here

I was surprised to leave for work this morning and find that I ALMOST had to scrape frost off of my windshield. As I drove from downtown Huntington to the rural Barboursville area I noticed that that temperature difference to be about 5-7 degrees cooler.

Most students commented that it was cold this morning so we used the iPad to ask Siri about the current temperature. (Sorry, my weather station has not been fully installed yet.) We discovered that this morning at 8:30 am it was 37 degrees. I allowed the students to use the iPad to ask Siri about temperatures in different areas of the world. We discovered that it was 81 degrees in the Bahamas and 48 degrees in Alaska. They are super excited to begin using the weather station.

No comments:

Post a Comment