Thursday, October 8, 2015

South Carolina

The rain finally stopped but the cleanup is probably going to take months. I was listening to the radio this morning and heard that the devastation could be up to a billion dollars. They were asking for donations and supplies to send to South Carolina. I saw pictures of of South Carolina this week and even though it is on a smaller scale it looked similar to pictures of New Orleans from Katrina. 

Last year my basement took on 4 inches of water when my power was out and the cleanup was unbelievable. I can't imagine most of my house under water. My heart goes out to the people affected in South Carolina. Included are pictures and the rainfall during this time. 



South Carolina Story


2 comments:

  1. Flooding causes so many problems. Not only does it damage the homes, but it brings in diseases as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about the numerous businesses that suffer not only from physical damage, but also to the billions of dollars in lost tourism.

    ReplyDelete