Thursday, October 15, 2015

When will we get snow?

Like Stephen, I was about looking at weather.com and saw the same information about snow coming.  I was about to post about it and saw his blog.  I guess I should be faster.  ;)  I decided to look into when we are supposed to get snow here.  I found the following information on almanac.com:

OCTOBER 2015: temperature 60° (3° above avg.); precipitation 3" (2" above avg. east, 1" below west); Oct 1-7: Sunny, then scattered t-storms, warm; Oct 8-12: Sunny, chilly; Oct 13-21: Rain, then sunny, nice; Oct 22-26: Rainy periods, mild; Oct 27-31: Sunny, cool.
NOVEMBER 2015: temperature 47° (1° above avg.); precipitation 2.5" (1" below avg.); Nov 1-2: Sunny, mild; Nov 3-6: Rainy, mild; Nov 7-11: Rain to snow, then sunny, cold; Nov 12-15: Showers, mild; Nov 16-19: Snow showers, cold; Nov 20-27: A few showers, mild; Nov 28-30: Snow showers, cold.
 
It looks like we can expect snow as early as November 7th, according to this information. 
 
It also looks ahead for the upcoming year and gives an overview as you can see below:
 
Winter will be colder and slightly drier than normal, with above-normal snowfall. The coldest period will be in mid- to late January, with other cold spells in mid- and late December and early and late February. The snowiest periods will be in early to mid- and mid- to late December, February, and March.April and May will be cooler and drier than normal.Summer will be hotter than normal, with below-normal rainfall in the east and above normal in the west. The hottest periods will be in late June and early and late August.September and October will be much warmer than normal, with the hottest period in early September, and will have near-normal rainfall.

It says "above-normal snowfall".  Makes me wonder if we will end up losing those days at the end of our school calendar and possibly even cut into spring break.  I love a good snow day, but I also like getting out early and having a week off in March.  I am so conflicted!

1 comment:

  1. I would rather read your post than Stephen's though!
    I love snow, so I am ready for it whenever it wants to come. However, I am really interested in creating snow day lessons so we don't make up our days off. The state superintendent mentioned this at the technology conference this summer.

    ReplyDelete