Monday, November 9, 2015

Blizzard that shut down Interstate 77


There was a blizzard warning for southern WV in the winter of 09. Luckily, for me I was in Huntington when it hit opposed to Princeton, WV at the time. The Huntington area saw two inches from this snow storm. My plans were to travel back on Saturday evening but ended up staying until Sunday. The storm got so bad that it shut down interstate 77 overnight, leaving many people stranded.  Headed back home over the weekend, I never thought it was so bad until I got just past Charleston. Mile by mile the amount of snow kept getting deeper and deeper and abandon cars where all over the road. By the time that I got to my home I spent the next 4 hours shoveling my small driveway. I was able to stay waist deep in snow. The storm left our country out of school for nearly 3 weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember this storm. Teachers from that area I talked to at a conference later that spring said they missed more than a month straight of school.

    ReplyDelete