Monday, November 2, 2015

Edmund Fitzgerald

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/wxwise/fitz.html

This is a story on the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald.  I first heard about this disaster from a song.  I did not realize that the Great Lakes had storms and could produce waves that would sink a freighter.  This article tells about the weather reports telling of a storm coming and the captain trying to alter his course so that it would not wreck his ship.  Unfortunately the storm became worse and the ship went down with all on board not surviving

2 comments:

  1. I was really surprised the first time I went to Lake Michigan and it was just like the beach! I did not think of ia ship sinking there though. Th number of people lost at sea is much higher than I thought it would be. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh...I guess I never really thought of lakes being able to have storms either! It makes sense though, especially since lakes can be pretty expansive...

    ReplyDelete