Monday, September 7, 2015

Fall Leaves Ahead

Anyone notice the leaves already changing on the trees? Stress is a major factor in this. With our hot and dry weather this late summer, plus the harsh cold winters we've been having, the trees have experienced a higher level of stress than normal. And it isn't just here at home, nor is it the first year for this to happen.

Cleveland 2014:
http://www.newsnet5.com/weather/weather-news/leaves-changing-color-early-is-this-a-sign-of-things-to-come

Canada 2015:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2156929/is-it-fall-already-some-edmonton-trees-changing-colour-early/

Huntington 2015:
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Scorched-and-Parched-September-Ahead-323781131.html

5 comments:

  1. I have noticed that changing and falling leaves. I thought it was too early but it makes sense. It has been dry and hot lately. I wouldn't have thought to consider the winters though as impacting the early change. I wonder what else is effected. I know I am ready for a break in the hot temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Interesting! I know why leaves changed colors but never thought the stress of the weather played such an important role in that process. Maybe that is directly correlated with my gray hair! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Stephen. I never would have thought that the stress of a season could affect leaves changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grays will become more abundant once the baby gets here, Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This actually answered one of my questions. I was wondering why I was noticing leaves starting to turn when it is 90 out!

    ReplyDelete