Thursday, September 17, 2015

Meteo Earth

I downloaded many weather apps that may have varied in a few different features. Then while working on lesson plans for this class I stumbled across Meteo Earth. Meteo Earth is very similar to the large earth program that was shown to us right before we left class the other night. It is a free app that shows the globe. You can zoom in and out on the globe. The globe gives the weather forecast for the next four days. You can also add layers that will add different concepts to the globe.

1. Temperature
2. Precipitation
3. Cloud Cover
4. Wind
5. Tropical Cyclone

There are other features as well. It gives a climate view over 12 months showing min/max temperatures, surface temperatures, and once again precipitation. Also there is a 3d view that gives a different perspective.

Also, on the desktop version of the app is shows pressures.

 This app gets a definitely two thumbs up and I will be using this in the classroom!

2 comments:

  1. I downloaded this after Stephen told me about it and it is a really cool app! If you zoom out far enough you can even see the angle of the sun and moon which could also be useful to me since I also teach about moon phases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this app, it works very well.

    ReplyDelete